These are some coloring hints for anyone wanting to color icing for either decorating cookies, cupcakes, cakes, etc. To get a nice red that doesn't taste nasty, mix Wilton "No Taste Red" as dark as you can get it THEN use the Wilton "Red-Red"! Keeps the dark red from tasting super nasty!! Also for the color of orange I used on the tiger lilies: use orange to get it dark orange and then little bits "Christmas Red". Christmas Red has an orange tint to it which is why I don't use it to get a dark red!
Owner/Baker of Marianne's Kitchen
My name is Marianne!
- About Marianne's Kitchen
- Search my site
- Marianne's Kitchen on Facebook (Check out my reviews!!)
- Cookies, Brownies/Bars, Biscotti, Cookie Cakes & Whoopie Pies Album/Pricing
- Dates for vacation, full dates, etc.
- Cupcakes, Pies, Breads, etc. Albums/Pricing
- Flavors & Fillings for Cakes & Cupcakes
- Cake Albums
- Cake Pricing/Ordering Information
- Buckeyes, Fudge & Chocolate Covered Cookies
- Contact me/Order
- Payment Options
- Marianne's Moments
- Price Changes